These tips to relax will help you make the most of your relaxation experience.
You may not make recordings or otherwise reproduce anything from this website, except for your personal, private use. Please see these frequently asked questions for details.
Tips to Optimize Your Success With Relaxation:
1. Adopt a passive attitude. Approach relaxation with a "let it be" perspective. Don't try to make anything happen.
2. Relax in a quiet environment with few distractions. As you become more familiar with relaxation and practiced in various techniques, you will learn to relax anywhere. To begin, however, choose an environment that is free of distractions.
3. Make sure you are in a setting that does not require your outside attention (keep yourself safe).
4. Make yourself comfortable. Position yourself on chair with neck and back support, a firm bed, or a comfortable mat on the floor. Make sure the room is warm, not too hot or too cool. Choose a comfortable position that you can maintain for at least 10 minutes.
5. Start with short relaxation sessions, about 5 minutes. With more experience, achieving relaxation will become easier and you will be able to relax for longer periods of time. With practice, 20 or 30 minutes is quite reasonable, and you may wish to relax for even longer sessions.
6. Relaxation is a skill that must be learned. Practice often - every day is best!
7. Set aside time to relax each day. Some people prefer to relax right before bed to help fall asleep. Others relax first thing in the morning to start the day refreshed and revitalized. Consider if there are times in the day when your stress level is high or your energy is low. These can be ideal times to schedule in a brief relaxation session.
8. Keep experimenting!
No one method of relaxation will work for everyone. It is important to
try out different strategies to see which ones meet your needs. There is
no right or wrong way to relax. Try a relaxation quiz to find out which techniques may suit you best.
Subscribe to Inner Health Studio Relaxation Tips, a free newsletter, for new tips to relax delivered to your inbox four times per year.
Find more information on the Relaxation Advice page - learn more about the relaxation response, how to relax, and more.
See the Inner Health Studio Relaxation and Self-Help Store for relaxation and self-help books and audio to help you implement relaxation techniques into your daily life.
Please note: I do not see all Facebook comments in a timely manner, so if you would like to hear from me, please post your question on my Facebook page here.
Learn to Relax: Take the Learn to Relax class, and
receive 12 free relaxation MP3 downloads with your registration. Step by step instructions teach you how to relax whenever you want to.