Free Relaxation Scripts
If you enjoy these scripts, subscribe to Relaxation by Inner Health Studio podcast to hear scripts like these as a new relaxation download each week.
Use relaxation audio and videos wisely. Do not watch or listen to relaxation materials while you need to be fully awake and alert (for example, when driving). Obviously this can be dangerous. Please use relaxation sessions only when safe to do so.
Scroll down to see descriptions of these categories, or click the headings below to jump to the section:
A Variety of Relaxation Styles
Tips for Using Relaxation Scripts to Relax
1. Start with a short script, and with practice, work up to longer scripts. Make additions or deletions as you see fit, to customize the script for your preferences.
2. Record yourself reading the script slowly in a calm voice. Your own voice can be particularly effective for inducing the relaxation response, because people often respond best to suggestions they provide themselves. You might find you are able to relax listening to your own voice better than listening to someone else's. Try it to find out!
3. Pause frequently. It is very common to read too quickly - what seems to be a very slow pace when reading, is not nearly as slow when listening! Take at least two or three breaths between each phrase. Pausing in the middle of a phrase can be effective, too.
4. Concentrate on saying each word clearly and slowly, but not so slow as to be distracting (a bit of practice will help you adjust your reading style to your own preferences).
5. Play back the spoken script with music, if you wish. Choose music without lyrics that you find relaxing.
6. Listen to the script at a low volume, adjusted so it is loud enough to hear without straining, but quiet enough to be calm and relaxing.
7. Listen to the relaxation audio often, and practice learning to relax. See the Relaxation page for more information on how to relax.
Stress will always be around. The trick is finding at least two or three stress-busters you genuinely enjoy! Try a total body relaxation technique by my friend, Sukala, at Meditation Escape.
Try These Free Relaxation Scripts:
Click on the heading to see scripts in that category.
These free relaxation scripts cover a variety of different styles of relaxation. Learn to relax or find your relaxation style with these scripts:
The free guided imagery scripts provided here allow you to relax and make positive changes. Guided Imagery can be used to visualize positive actions, changes, or accomplishments.
Relaxation specifically targeted at reducing anxiety in the moment by calming the mind and body. Includes relaxation scripts for dealing with panic attacks, relieving anxiety, and coping with anxiety, panic, and stress.
Relax by focusing the mind. Use these guided meditations to calm the mind and relax the body and/or to achieve health, healing, or the ability to quickly relax. These guided meditation scripts include Self-Esteem Relaxation, Healing Relaxation, Anchoring Relaxation, Relaxation for Pain Relief, Beginner's Breathing Meditation, and more.
A variety of physical relaxation exercises, whether by focusing on a specific muscle group, tensing and relaxing muscle groups, moving or stretching. Free relaxation scripts such as Passive Progressive Muscle Relaxation, Progressive Muscle Relaxation Exercise, Stretch and Relax, and a Relaxing Walk.
Relax using creative outlets - art, music, movement, or other forms of self-expression, such as Creative Expression Relaxation and Music Relaxation.
Strategies to relax quickly, any time and any place, including Yawn and Stretch, Deep Breathing, 30-Second Quick Relaxation, and other quick and easy relaxation techniques.
Relaxation scripts specifically aimed to help you quickly and easily fall asleep. These natural sleep aids include sleep relaxation and sleep countdown scripts that guide you to quiet the mind and relax the body, then drift off into deep sleep.
Relaxation techniques that involve imagining your limbs are warm and heavy, breathing is slow and regular, and other descriptors that induce the relaxation response. "Autogenic" means "self suggestion" as this type of relaxation involves relaxing suggestions.
Sensory relaxation involves the use of the senses (vision, hearing, touch, taste, smell) to bring about relaxation. This may involve imagining or experiencing different sensations. Relaxation scripts that involve sensory relaxation components include Calming Color Relaxation Visualization, Floating on a Cloud, Sensory Relaxation, and more.
These relaxation scripts for children can be used to guide children or adults to relax using quick and easy relaxation techniques.
Create your own custom relaxation scripts. A wide variety of personalized relaxation scripts can be created using these parts. You can choose any induction, body, and conclusion from the list below, or adapt existing relaxation scripts by replacing parts of the script with different induction or conclusion portions to meet your needs.
Subscribe to Relaxation by Inner Health Studio podcast to hear scripts like these as a new relaxation download each week.
Visit the site map to find a complete alphabetical listing of all the relaxation downloads and scripts.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.
Relaxation CDs and Book by Candi Raudebaugh
Relaxation to Cure InsomniaFall asleep quickly and easily with calming guided relaxation. These scripts specifically target and eliminate difficulty falling asleep, worrying about falling asleep, problems getting back to sleep in the middle of the night, and nightmares. Details...
Guided Relaxation Scripts
Relax and enjoy these calming guided relaxation scripts. Experience a variety of relaxation techniques including progressive muscle relaxation, visualization, guided imagery, autogenics, and meditation. Details...
Words to Relax: Relaxation Scripts for Personal Growth and Stress Relief
Words to Relax is an instructional book on how to relax, and includes more than 60 relaxation scripts anyone can use to decrease blood pressure, reduce muscle tension, and feel calm at will. Details...